Complete the knee screening form – if you score less than 80% for this you should go to yoru physiotherapist and get a complete screening done to sort yourself out before the season starts. A poor score on this screening form indicates your chances of injury this year are HIGH.
The following are examples of exercises you should be completing with a wobble board 2 – 3 times per week.
- Static Balance (Double and Single Leg)
- Static balance – bounce ball with both hands
- Static balance – catching a ball
The following are examples of exercises you should be completing on a flat level surface 2 – 3 times per week.
- Single leg hops on the spot
- Single leg calf raises
- Double leg squats with ball between knees (knees over toes)
- Single leg squats (knee over toes)
- Zig zag jumps on floor